Reflections has been a staple arts program in many schools for 50 years. Through the effort of local PTAs, millions of students have found a creative outlet in areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. This year's theme is "HEROES AROUND ME"
RJE Reflections Quick Facts:
- There will be a Reflections workshop on October 16, 2018 after school from 3:00-3:45 pm (Workshop is optional, registration is required to attend).
- The last day to send in a Reflections entry is November 16, 2018
- Entries can be given to the Reflections Chair, Mrs. Dudley in the cafeteria beginning every Thursday morning (7:30 am - 8:00 am) from Oct. 18th – Nov. 15th or put in the PTA mailbox in the front office.
- RJE Reflections Reception for all participants is January 17th 2019
- MISD Council of PTAs Reflections Reception for top 20% is by invitation and the date is TBD.
Forms and a brief description of the categories and rules were sent home in Monday folders, however, please read the FULL rules of each category below.
A fully filled out entry form is required for each entry. Students may enter as many times as they want. Each form must have an Artist Statement. Artist Statements are very important in the judging process, this is an explanation on how the artist relates his or her art to the theme. Helpful Hint: points awarded are based heavily on how well the artist interprets the theme in their art.
RJE Reflections Workshop
October 16th from 3pm to 3:45pm. Registration is required to attend, however the workshop is optional to participate in Reflections.
At the workshop, volunteers will help fill out forms and explain the theme and what an artist statement is. Paper, crayons, paint, markers and other materials needed to assist in visual arts will be provided. A light snack of pretzels will be available.
Registration forms are due to the office by Oct. 12th. Download you form here: (available soon)